Researchers of Tomorrow is the UK’s largest study to date on the research behaviour of Generation Y doctoral students (born between 1982 and 1994).
JISC and the British Library jointly commissioned the three year study in 2009, which involved 17,000 doctoral students from 70 universities at various stages in the project.
- Executive summary
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Setting the scene
- 3. Finding and using research resources
- 4. Take-up of technology and applications
- 5. Collaborating, sharing and disseminating research
- 6. Institutional services and facilities to support research
- 7. Conclusions
- Annex 1: Research methodology
- Annex 2: The Researchers of Tomorrow student cohort
- Annex 3: Background and research context
- Annex 4: References
- Annex 5: Bibliography
- Annex 6: List of tables & figures