In an earlier post: Hampshire Hub – a responsive approach I talked a bit about the ‘interim’ Hampshire Hub, and explained what we’re doing with the current site. I mentioned the ‘strategic’ hub, but didn’t go in to much detail about what we’re intending to do in the longer term.
Strategic Hampshire Hub
I’m pleased to confirm that we’re moving forwards with the strategic hub, and we have just published the ‘Pre-Qualification Questionnaire’ (PQQ) and accompanying background information.
This is part of a formal procurement process, and sets out the main aims and requirements, enabling potential suppliers to establish if they want to bid for the contract. There’s a fixed amount of time for suppliers to respond – 3 weeks in this case – and it will be followed at a later date by a full Invitation to Tender (ITT).
I’m including the main documents in this post, but I’ve been asked to remind potential suppliers that you need to apply through the Procurement Portal by the deadline which is 5pm on Friday 13th December .
We now have a schedule which I’m including with this post – basically:
- We hope to have the ITT published by the beginning of the calendar year
- Suppliers will have one month to respond
- We’ll then evaluate the bids
- The Hub Partnership evaluation team will review proposals and Hub Partners will be invited to see product demonstrations.
- All being well, we should be ready to finalise the new contract in March 2014, and will then begin implementation.
We’ll be doing as much preparation as we can up-front, to help us to ‘hit the road running’ once the paperwork has been finalised. In the meantime, we’ll be continuing to develop the interim site, but with a view to re-using as much as possible when the strategic hub is up-and-running.
Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)